Year 3 Teaching Resources
Year 3 Teaching Resources -
These resources support the teaching of the computing curriculum for Year 3. The resources offer practical and varied activities to cover the areas of the curriculum below;
- design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
- use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of input and output
- use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs
- understand computer networks including the internet; how they can provide multiple services, such as the world wide web; and the opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration
- use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content
- select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals, including collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting data and information
- use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about.
To find out more about what's on offer, visit the Teach Computing website.
In this unit of work, Year 3 pupils will develop their understanding of digital devices, with an initial focus on inputs, processes and outputs. Pupils will also be given opportunities to compare digital and non-digital devices, learn about computer networks including devices that make a network’s infrastructure,...
In this unit, Year 3 pupils will use a range of techniques to create a stop frame animation using tablets before applying those skills to create their own story-based animation. This unit will conclude with pupils adding other types of media to their animations, such as music and text. This unit provided by the...
In this unit, Year 3 pupils will become familiar with terms ‘text’ and ‘images’ and understand that they can be used to communicate messages. Pupils will have the opportunity to use desktop publishing software and consider choices of font size, colour and type to edit and improve documents. Pupils will be...
This suite of resources, from Teach Computing, cover the Year 3 unit: Programming, through sequencing events and actions. This unit explores the links between events and actions, whilst consolidating prior learning relating to sequencing. Pupils will begin by moving a sprite in four directions (up, down, left and...